Thursday, January 7, 2010

What do I want my life to be about?

So today I got to thinking...what do I want my life to be about?

My husband, my puppys pepperoni and macaroni, my family, my friends, and crafting.  "crafting" as my hubs calls it, is anything and everything under the sun that I love.  It involves fabric, glue guns, stencils, garage sale shoping, thrifting, all my ideas, paint etc etc.  But in all honesty it is my hobby, maybe my only one and only hobby, and yet it brings me so much joy, I am not looking for anything else. 

When I look at my life now...I think am I living my life the way I'd like to live it.

I unlike a lot of women on this site do not have children, and I do have a job(which I get paid for), because I know all of you out their have full time jobs, but they are un-paid and most times with little thanks.  However, I started to think about my life and the hours I have to live said life

I work 8 hours a day with a 1 hour break = 9 hours of work
I like to sleep for 8 hours aday, unlike most ppl I am like a zombie without rest, although most nights I do not get enough. = 8 hours of rest
I spend an hour getting dressed and driving to work, and 30 minutes for the commute home = 1.5 hours
(however once I move we are looking at an hour each way, plus wake up and get ready time

so for driving and dressing time- I'll say 3 hours dress/drive

That leaves me with 20 hours used...only 4 hours in the day

4 measly little hours for My husband, my puppys pepperoni and macaroni, my family, my friends, and crafting.

Its not enough
We really want to have kids, but money is tight, so its really not the right time. Which means, for awhile I just need to deal...

What I've realized about this is time is precious.  Why am I watching "for the love of rayJ", "hoarders", "king of queens"??? Are they good shows? Well they bring entertainment to me, but will I look back at my life and say I wish I watched more RayJ...?? I think friggen NOT!

So... What I've decided to do to fix this problem at least a little bit...
1. I have an iphone...on my break I will now be using my time to eat of course and also search the blogs for everything my little heart desires...I'll read, laugh, comment, and probably write down ideas (which I need to start doing)
2. 30minutes-1 hour of tv is really enough...I just watch because its all mindless, and helps me relax, but isnt there something I'd really be rather doing with my time?
3. Blogging, when I get home I can either continue searching the internet or write a blog myself, but only for 30 minutes.  I do feel like writting everything down helps me relax, so I feel like its theraputic and something I enjoy, so I want to focus my attention and time on what I really love rather than searching everyones space, and reading archives, yes I actually do that.  I love reading everyones past posts.
4. Do more crafts...rather than reading peoples blogs, and then re-creating.  I want to be the first to come up with an idea that I'm really proud of..do it, have someone out there love it, and they re-create it.
5. Spend more time doing things that will make memories, rather than sitting and zoning out on tv

Done..I feel totally satisfied now.

Heres to a healthier and more enjoyable life filled with memories and laughs

xoxo Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment